All Categories

The EM Rifles are still strong

Search
May 22, 2023, 19:2905/22/23
03/30/23

Browsing the forums today I saw a thread complaining how the EM Rifles are "Useless" after their nerf. I on the other hand completely disagree with that thought, and believe that the EM Rifles are still just about as powerful as they were before. 

The aim-assist feature that the weapons uniquely had over most other sniper weapons made them a weapon that required almost no skill to kill most mechs in a single shot with two high-energy rifles. You'd find almost every competent player using them would negate the downside of the windup by hiding themselves behind a wall until it was just about to fire.

Removing aim assist makes them take more skill to use, while still allowing them to one-shot most mechs. Now making them essentially a railgun that reloads faster, or a longarm that dumps all of its damage immediately and doesn't have as extreme of a low-damage range. The lack of aim-assist also makes it easier to hit the target you're aiming for, especially against stealth mechs, or two mechs on different levels of an arena.

If your reaction to the EM Rifles getting nerfed is switching to the Railgun or Longarms, that is an overreaction, because those weapons have similar damage outputs, and the same lack of aim assist.

A link to a video proving the EM Rifles are still as murderous as ever: https://youtu.be/1hqZ3R9hT04

Views
Comments
Comments
May 22, 2023, 20:2605/22/23
12/05/22

It will tak epractice and PC Players have a significant advantage ... but broadly agree for long range. 

Up close a bit harder. 

May 22, 2023, 20:3705/22/23
01/17/15

then you ignore the complete immobility of those who hide at the bottom of the map with rockety mortars and kill anyone, dealing damage even when you are in cover ??. ignore those hiding in inaccessible locations with killshots and javeli racks, or helix racks?? . ignore, who paralyzes you with surge and crushes you in 1 second with arc torrent ????. you forget that to use EM -RIFLE you have to expose yourself and the shots don't always hit even with the autormire..... and you forget that those who use the disk launcher also kill behind walls ???... here we are not he complains about the reduction of power, but rather about the umpteenth palrium scam that makes you spend and ru spend because you believe ,, and then suddenly money thrown away for pilot and weapon ?? you need to be more realistic man. and open your eyes, I've been playing Plarium for 8 years, but never as in this last year in games has he shamelessly used this weakening mechanism.. he sells you and makes you spend on something, which sooner or later they already know they'll make useless or worse..... then let's leave the robotos 100% effective, long range hidden javelin rack, rocket mortar at the bottom of the map behind the wall, and melee weapon like arc torrent grappling targets from mid-map and hitting 2 players as well together. so let's leave all that, but let's worry about EM rifle and how to make it intile. , It's a support weapon and now it's worth half .. it shows that you don't use it ,

May 22, 2023, 20:4405/22/23
06/08/17

I really feel like nothing has changed much and once you master keeping your reticle on target - it actually might be better.

Removing the Auto-Aim so far I miss way less than before. For some this might be a bit of a buff. 

I will still accept any compensation you may deem appropriate.

May 22, 2023, 21:4205/22/23
03/30/23
Besticio

then you ignore the complete immobility of those who hide at the bottom of the map with rockety mortars and kill anyone, dealing damage even when you are in cover ??. ignore those hiding in inaccessible locations with killshots and javeli racks, or helix racks?? . ignore, who paralyzes you with surge and crushes you in 1 second with arc torrent ????. you forget that to use EM -RIFLE you have to expose yourself and the shots don't always hit even with the autormire..... and you forget that those who use the disk launcher also kill behind walls ???... here we are not he complains about the reduction of power, but rather about the umpteenth palrium scam that makes you spend and ru spend because you believe ,, and then suddenly money thrown away for pilot and weapon ?? you need to be more realistic man. and open your eyes, I've been playing Plarium for 8 years, but never as in this last year in games has he shamelessly used this weakening mechanism.. he sells you and makes you spend on something, which sooner or later they already know they'll make useless or worse..... then let's leave the robotos 100% effective, long range hidden javelin rack, rocket mortar at the bottom of the map behind the wall, and melee weapon like arc torrent grappling targets from mid-map and hitting 2 players as well together. so let's leave all that, but let's worry about EM rifle and how to make it intile. , It's a support weapon and now it's worth half .. it shows that you don't use it ,

This post does not pertain to any of the artillery or guided weapons, it was simply pointing out how much of an overreaction it was for people to complain about EM Rifles being nerfed.

Yes rocket mortars are completely broken against tanks and slower attacker mechs, yes the disc launchers can hit around corners, yes the arc torrents have way too much range for their DPS, and yes the guided racks one-shotting most mechs is annoying. But that was not the focus of this post.

May 22, 2023, 22:3305/22/23
07/08/22
Besticio

No one can take someone with a profile picture of a cartoon baby seriously. 

May 23, 2023, 03:5505/23/23
03/10/23

SO... let's compare the two- longarms to Em rifle's lets use level 12's  1 star to compare

Magazine: Em-1, Longarms 5 

Reload Em: 5.3 , Longarm 12 

Range Em: 165, Longarms 180

Damage per mag: Em 8132, Longarms 23, 070

So lets see less rounds less damage less range + shot delay for the Em rifle .... Why would anyone choose the EM Rifle with that info???? I choose the Em rifle to help defend the surge and slingshots that rush me ... I would have spent the money on a diff mech or weapon had I known ...  You can try and make it a skill issue if you choose but the numbers do not lie I would have never spent a Penny on the EM rifles had this change been in place at the time of purchase... 

May 23, 2023, 05:0405/23/23
May 23, 2023, 14:23(edited)
03/02/23

The EM rifle nerf is awful. Before tonight, I only played this game on my phone, which I'd imagine a number of players are the same way. I tried it on my computer tonight just to see if they were easier to use that way. Here's the thing, I always played this game on my phone, I never play games on my computer, and it was so much easier to use them on my computer. To be able to be so much more proficient playing through a means that I never play versus a means that I always do is something that should not be the case. I could see if there was slight improvement, just because playing on a computer allows more finesse, but not to the extent that I experienced. Add in the fact that most of the time you're playing against bots, and their aim with EM rifles hasn't been nerfed, it seems to me that this has actually unbalanced the game. I haven't played with railguns, so I can't speak to the difficulty of hitting with them, but it is significantly easier to hit a target with a longarm that fires immediately versus the EM rifle with the buildup before the shot. To have to control a precise shot with a buildup before it fires through the clunky controls provided through a mobile game is considerably difficult.

It's also an absolute middle finger to so many players who paid for the item and upgrades based on what it was, only to now have an item significantly less effective. I'm also at a loss as to what made the developers decide that this was the weapon in the game that needed to be nerfed. The number one complained about weapon has to be rocket mortars, and for far longer. I'd say I've seen as many complaints about disc launchers and javelins as EM rifles as well. I've seen far more matches completely determined by one or two players on a team with mortars than EM rifles, and mortars require next to no aim.

I also never really felt that EM rifles needed a nerf in the first place. Sure they were powerful, but they were extremely fun, and could still be challenged by any number of means. Surge, killshot, panther, aegis, mortars, javelins, disc launchers, or just another EM rifle, especially if you do miss a shot.

Are EM rifles useless now? No, but there's nothing particularly special about them. There's nothing that makes them a preferrable weapon over something like longarms or railguns, which they did have before. I know I wouldn't have invested anything into EM rifles as they are now had they been that way when they came out, which is the whole issue with the changes, it was a waste.

May 23, 2023, 05:5205/23/23
01/17/15
Menvolk

This post does not pertain to any of the artillery or guided weapons, it was simply pointing out how much of an overreaction it was for people to complain about EM Rifles being nerfed.

Yes rocket mortars are completely broken against tanks and slower attacker mechs, yes the disc launchers can hit around corners, yes the arc torrents have way too much range for their DPS, and yes the guided racks one-shotting most mechs is annoying. But that was not the focus of this post.

then you didn't understand that weakening EM-RIFL and not other weapons, far more powerful and deadly. it has something to do with it., em- few use it, so why take a weapon that few use ?? was it so necessary and dangerous?, why did I pay for a weapon upgrade and then make it different? and the usual scam that you didn't understand, complaining about what of the usual weakenings that palrium does in all games? , cheating its players?? , ok see it however you want but no one complains about EM, we complain about the impropriety of a greedy company and that's it,

May 23, 2023, 05:5405/23/23
01/17/15
N8 _

what do you do insultu people just for their looks ?? I drive a Lexus RCF SPORT. What do you drive grandpa's tricycle?? you can't be biased and just take the look of the game...

May 23, 2023, 05:5705/23/23
01/17/15
N8 _

should i consider you putting on a MECH as your avatar?? does it reflect your steely disposition ?? I am a sunny and cheerful boy this indicates my avatar, what do you represent death or terror?? . I understand that you are part of the ROBOSIFFREEDI clan, the famous bananas, should I consider a clan with that name?? bananas ? or its boss with name from whom it is believed, who cannot be. ?? poor pepe you are naive. and you can't see beyond your nose

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
May 23, 2023, 14:3305/23/23
02/10/23

You got it right! The Update was made to make the Weapon more balanced compared to other Weapons in the game, but we intentionally kept it one of the top ones.

May 23, 2023, 15:4805/23/23
May 23, 2023, 15:49(edited)
11/12/21

That is not the debate tho, whether EM are weak or strong now isnt the issue.

The issue is about the scummy tactic this company use, it promote a product with certain attributes that makes it attractive to buyers, people buy into it, the company realise that said product is too good and is preventing buyers from needing to buy other newer products, so the company decide to violate that purchase agreement and break the trust of buyers, aka nerfing/scamming them.

that is the equivalent of rug-pulling in NFTS in terms of shittiness

May 23, 2023, 19:3905/23/23
May 23, 2023, 19:43(edited)
02/07/23

My dear (or deer?) friend :D.... your video just proof that you are just PC user, nothing more....I can perform better :P (just kidding...rather want you in my team then opposing)

...but most common reason you buy EM is to have universal sniping rifle for mobile gaming.

On mobile you need compensation for the delay before shot and auto aim is crucial feature. If we are talking about sniper comunity with PC and mobile users together on one battlefield.

but what is more impotant is the fact that this kind of behavior is not right at all. You get what you buy, thats the rule numero uno.  

" ...We decide to remove your steering wheel from your brand new car, because other poor users riding only train at it is not fair...

regards

Plarium Balance justice league"

PS( to everyone): dont bully Besticio! He has full right to be upset! 

May 23, 2023, 19:4005/23/23
02/07/23
CrystalDrew

You got it right! The Update was made to make the Weapon more balanced compared to other Weapons in the game, but we intentionally kept it one of the top ones.

HA-HA

May 24, 2023, 11:5805/24/23
06/20/22

I was actually pretty frustrated by the EMR having auto-aim. Even though the enemy is technically expossd they might not be exposed to EMR because their center is hidden. Still having the shot delay though is weird.

May 24, 2023, 17:3005/24/23
06/08/17
BAAB

I was actually pretty frustrated by the EMR having auto-aim. Even though the enemy is technically expossd they might not be exposed to EMR because their center is hidden. Still having the shot delay though is weird.

I'm missing way less often without the auto-aim. You also now have access to smaller hit boxes that missed with auto aim in the past. But before, even when locked on if the bot moved too much perpendicualarly then the auto lock would pop off right before firing. Now you just keep that reticle on target and boom.

Against bots in 5 on 5 it's still very easy to emass over 20 kills with EMs. 

I think the auto-aim made it easy for button pushers to be good with them. Now you have to have some dexterity to use them effectively. 

Honestly simply toning down the double damage and making them not as useful at close range might have been a better solution. Since the targeting laser no longer does anything, keeping the shot delay seems counterintuitive.

May 24, 2023, 17:4905/24/23
09/11/20
CrystalDrew

why you are fooling people?? sell and nerf after is a part of income here. mortar can 1shot several mechs simply standing in spawn and nothing is done with it, and you call it balance?? stop fooling people , wait for over a year and when sale goes down - nerf

May 24, 2023, 18:3405/24/23
07/08/22
Besticio

what do you do insultu people just for their looks ?? I drive a Lexus RCF SPORT. What do you drive grandpa's tricycle?? you can't be biased and just take the look of the game...

I'm glad daddy can buy you a car.

May 25, 2023, 08:5105/25/23
03/19/23

ok,i saw the video linked,AND the EM riffle used to be one kill,AND it shos that those are new-players,i have played with them so i know.

May 25, 2023, 14:5505/25/23
02/03/23

I play on iPad and emr are not  ledgenary weapons anymore they are worse than long arms , I would of never invested in them if known would be nerfed !  I am  Not happy with the way this game is going nerfing everything players paid a lot of money for.