All Categories

General tips and questions for the game

Search
Apr 26, 2022, 12:2904/26/22
04/26/22

Hi all,

As this is a fairly new sub, with not a lot of members, I'm gonna keep this pinned up here. Comment in here with your tips for newbies to the game, or ask any questions you may have.

https://nox.tips/ https://xender.vip/

Views
Comments
Comments
May 7, 2022, 14:0305/07/22
11/10/19

#1 tip

STOP RUSHING FORWARD to your death.

#2 tip

#3 tip

Team work.

/end

Jun 24, 2022, 05:4506/24/22
03/19/22
Djin

#1 tip

#2 tip

#3 tip

Team work.

/end

But I'm a one man Terminator army wrecking machine, I do my best work alone. :( 

Besides, rarely do I ever get an assist from the "teamates" that I get stuck with. 

More often than not they are either blocking my shots or pushing me away from cover into the line of fire. 😠

Jun 27, 2022, 14:5506/27/22
Jun 27, 2022, 14:59(edited)
02/25/22

Just my 2 cents.  

The bots are "clever".   So human shall play in a dump way.  I am a mild spender.  All my bots and weapons are not max and in fact only some are levelled to 5 stars.  My squad power now is around 2800.

1. Use bots that have shield like Are, Jug if one loves to have direct attack.  Now I use Ares with MR 8.  Good combination.

2. Always keep a distance (>50), unless the red bots are not Zep or Surge or Killshot.  Or you let your teammate to go first.  I often let my team bots "stunned" first and then I move up and kill the red bot.

3. Use Jav, DL or RM.  ie. no line of sight.  In particular, JAV is a good weapon for some maps. 

4. I found that it is "good" to have the bot to block the way now, at least most of the time.  My mechs hide and let red hits my team bot first.  Then I check what is the red bot and decide how to attack.  

5.  Check the small map.  I find there is a AI rule.  When I kill 3 bots in a short time, then 3 or more red bots will form a team to attack me.  Usually it has a Jug first, then Zep or Shadow after.  The Jug often uses AT, Zep is a sniper.  So I will decode whether to run away or some way to kill them.

6.  If one is fighting with 1 red bot for some time.  Beware that there is always another red bot approaches in another direction.  I always look at the small map in order to avoid ambush from behind.

My win chance is now around 65% (after the previous update) and actually most of the time I get some gold medals.

But for the 2 arches map, I think it is 99% luck in order to win unless one has the legendary RM radius implant.

Dec 18, 2022, 00:0812/18/22
09/14/20
The End - 2022/8/25

Just my 2 cents.  

The bots are "clever".   So human shall play in a dump way.  I am a mild spender.  All my bots and weapons are not max and in fact only some are levelled to 5 stars.  My squad power now is around 2800.

1. Use bots that have shield like Are, Jug if one loves to have direct attack.  Now I use Ares with MR 8.  Good combination.

2. Always keep a distance (>50), unless the red bots are not Zep or Surge or Killshot.  Or you let your teammate to go first.  I often let my team bots "stunned" first and then I move up and kill the red bot.

3. Use Jav, DL or RM.  ie. no line of sight.  In particular, JAV is a good weapon for some maps. 

4. I found that it is "good" to have the bot to block the way now, at least most of the time.  My mechs hide and let red hits my team bot first.  Then I check what is the red bot and decide how to attack.  

5.  Check the small map.  I find there is a AI rule.  When I kill 3 bots in a short time, then 3 or more red bots will form a team to attack me.  Usually it has a Jug first, then Zep or Shadow after.  The Jug often uses AT, Zep is a sniper.  So I will decode whether to run away or some way to kill them.

6.  If one is fighting with 1 red bot for some time.  Beware that there is always another red bot approaches in another direction.  I always look at the small map in order to avoid ambush from behind.

My win chance is now around 65% (after the previous update) and actually most of the time I get some gold medals.

But for the 2 arches map, I think it is 99% luck in order to win unless one has the legendary RM radius implant.

Bots are super duper stupid.

all they do is act at light speed for predictable reasons.

they will spawn as soon as they can, second you are visible, it will be at control point you are capturing.

this is not smart, because if you play well, you will be against powerfull bots, and you will win, becuase the bots wont die quick enough, and then you will capture  a control point, and they will loose mechs and two spawn at the controll point fighting three against four and then you capture the control point when they walk past you even when you shoot at them and hide behind  a wall. And you capture the control twice with a paper meche mech and mayber win the game. Because that mech blows up, you will use your second worse mech snd capture the control point again. 

Then, after the lost mechs, you will blow up some mechs with your good mechs snd the team will now have split power becuase  the players pick the good mechs for the map first and the bots are completely random, meaning that the team is split in half in the same spot and you tell people about causing the team to loose and controlling the fate of the enemy team with killshot and sniper by cutting up the team in two dimesnions so they have half the bots with power while now having five in the same spot unlike before. Good. Now Blow up the powerfull mechs or capture the control point. They halved their power by splitting their team and walking back one mech at a time and only able to spawn in threeor two on the control points and were at a power disadvantage so by now, the powerfull team is porbably down on mechs, and is also not smart enough to get enough points.

that isnt smart, its thinking at the speed of light. Its not the same thing.

Dec 18, 2022, 00:3112/18/22
09/14/20

1 Understand that teir levels of mechs and weapons will change depending on map, game mode, bot or player, player skill or playstyle

2 make sure in early game to buy stuff for team and not just slighty boost one mech to have no power when it blows up.

3 in early game buy stuff that will make the most gains for little spent

4 go into settings try put combinations of sensativity, weapons, and the same combination again in the other aim type. Then good in both types and some familuarity with all weapons and familuarity but try to make the best sensityivity in each aim mode for each weapon. Then decide what you want to do, but get good in both aim modes after all of that.

5 never buy archer missile 6 and do not stay with lancer and come back to it maybe in late late game and especially not with lazers in early game. Oh my load. I just cant. That is probably the worst thing you could do. Keep lancer until end game. No, upgrade everything else and hoard a hundred k credits and ten acoins and upgrade it until 16 and two eight archers or so ething only using it at max. My load.

6 some things become powerful and loose power depending on all sorts of different things.

7 consider having multiple playstyles and use for the right mechs.  There is nothing rpwrong with being a decipent mellee fast actuon brawller and then a patient strategic sniper All in the same game.

8 lancer is s teir in early game multipel times, falls, gains, then becomes usless if you use archer missiles snd use the buildings as cover. kill shot will gain and loose teir snd usefullness deoending on how far up you go.

9 you will be put into late game jsut bevpcause you won some battles ina. Rown or got a good team. Better deal with not being able to win. Im sorry. It sucks. This wikl put you up and down no matter where you are. Its actually a good thing

10 i litterally won second a contest and won 5k pilopt points, a 2 star robot, 20k implant parts and more because of advice nine and simply hoarded stuff and lett the matchmaking sytsem do its job until i came up with a strategy.

i didnt. multple events came and i gained two limited pilots and spent 800k credits and 3000 a coins and gained another hoard at the same time (pilot points and implant parts) and got a useless two star i think legendary pilot. I dont know. He uses minigun.

you dont need to grind for power and i stantly spend and and get tiny boost and power up just a bit. Get good. Develope plans. Grow. Get better. Try figure you are doing wrong develeope game plans. That pay to win dude got first place because i simply chose not spend money. I am free to play, let whales be whales, you will catch up, and you will be the reason they need coping mechanism, that and their lack of self control, when you eventually catch up.

11 the official youtube chanel is actually good. Watch all videos and you will understand quite a bit. They are not afraid to give good advice like maybe wait on the archer missiles 6, for example. Yeah, its not just me.

12 do not affraid to be free to play. Playrium doesnt care. Lol. just a joke man.

Jan 4, 2023, 21:1001/04/23
01/01/23

MECHS WON'T ADVANCE LEVELS. STUCK AT LEVEL 7. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT? 

Jan 19, 2023, 12:0501/19/23
12/21/22
OldSgtMajor

MECHS WON'T ADVANCE LEVELS. STUCK AT LEVEL 7. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT? 

you need to rank up the mechs with a-coins after level 7