Ye’d best be advised - a new game update has been implemented! Me mates and I've been tinkerin' away to produce a new, more convenient, scurvier system of competition between Captains - Global Tournaments!
These Global Tournaments be special opportunities to show off yer skills and demonstrate yer superiority over rival Captains!
Participation in Global Tournaments be requiring Captains to take on dangerous adventures, collecting as many Tournament Points as be possible by completing various objectives! The Tournament Points ye collect then be tallied up by yers truly. All Captains who succeed be rewarded based on the amount of Points they scored!
All Captains be divided into Classes according to their respective Level: Novice, Amateur, Professional, Veteran, Master, and Expert. Yer reward from Global Tournaments depends on which Class ye belong to when ye join the competition.
There are several types o’ Global Tournaments, take a gander!
1. Presidio Takeover. This Tournament takes the battle from the arena into the global map. Ye need to capture and hold Presidios in order to earn Tournament Points, and the ultimate number o’ Tournament Points ye collect directly depends on how many Units ye take down at the Presidios. Both King Carlos-Ferdinand IV's forces and rival Brotherhoods' troops count!
2. Discovery Challenge. Captains don't need to demonstrate their battlefield strength here, but their intelligence. Researching and upgrading Discoveries will earn ye Tournament Points. The more time a Discovery takes to research or upgrade, the more Tournament Points ye will score!
3. Construction Contest. Behind every strong fleet, there's a well-fortified Haven. Construct and upgrade buildings in yer Haven to get Tournament Points. The longer a building takes to Construct or Upgrade, the more Tournament Points ye will get for it! Whoever makes the most progress wins!
4. PvP Warfare. Battle other Captains to get Tournament Points. The more Units ye take down, the more Points ye be gettin! It doesn't matter whether ye be on the offensive or defensive side. The more Points ye rack up, the bigger yer rewards be at the end o' the Tournament!
5. Prize Ransack. In this Tournament, Captains be tasked with engaging the Spanish Fleet in as many Prizes across the Seven Seas as they can. The higher the Prize level, the more Tournament Points ye get fer clearing it - and the more Tournament Points ye collect, the bigger the rewards ye stand to earn!
Ye can access Global Tournaments via the brand new Icon in the bottom left corner o' yer screen. Battle to take a top spot in the Rankings and get even richer rewards!
Captain "Bonnie" Anne O'Malley