Все Категории

What ever happened to filling in content gaps?

Поиск
24 апр. 2024, 14:4024.04.24

When the community complained weapons were being power crept like shotguns when you released fragment gun and ember gun like one after another and like havelin rack you released helix rack which is essentially the same but better. You explained you were "filling in content gaps".

But that seems to not be true or gone out the window because the last rare weapon you released was fragment gun almost a year ago now and it's the only rare weapon released since the mech and weapon grade update. You've filled plenty of gaps and more in the epic and legendary category to the point that now there are two epic barrage weapons, two legendary assault weapons, two legendary beam weapons, two legendary heavy weapons, two epic and two legendary missile weapons, two epic and two legendary close quarters weapons. And so far you've said you intend to release an epic artillery weapon and a second legendary guided weapon. Meanwhile there are so far NO rare missile weapons, NO rare beam weapons, NO rare barrage weapons, and NO rare OR EPIC heavy weapons.

Not only that, there are missing energy variants for a lot of rare weapons and some missing energy variants for some epic and legendary weapons too. There are only three energy variants of each pulse cannon, gauss rifle, rocket mortar, voltaic RPG, stasis beam, carbine, railgun and disc launcher. And there are only 4 energy variants of missile rack. What do each of these have in common? They released before the mech and weapon grade update. This make sense if this was the case for all weapons of a certain grade, or kind of if all weapons from before the grade update. But neither of those are true.

The fragment gun has 5 energy variants. The javelin rack has 5 energy variants. Why are these the only rare weapons that have 5 energy variants? Why is javelin rack the only weapon from before the grade update with 5 energy variants? Did you forget about filling in content gaps? Were we being lied to? It kind of seems like a lie given the circumstances and the team has lied to us before, on multiple occasions. And I can't guarantee I won't believe it was a lie after I get an explanation because as I said there is a history of lies. Or did you change your mind for some reason? Or is there another reason you didn't intend to fill these apparent gaps in the first place?

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
24 апр. 2024, 15:0924.04.24

Hello! Thanks for your feedback and questions. Although the Content (in this particular case, different Weapons and their types and weights) may seem to have a pattern, they don't have one. So, there are no rules for the development/release of a certain number of Weapons, no matter what type/class/grade it has. 

24 апр. 2024, 15:1924.04.24
CrystalDrew

Hello! Thanks for your feedback and questions. Although the Content (in this particular case, different Weapons and their types and weights) may seem to have a pattern, they don't have one. So, there are no rules for the development/release of a certain number of Weapons, no matter what type/class/grade it has. 

Except EVERY WEAPON released since the grade update has 5 energy variants. Every one of them, they all seem to get 5 energy variants in time. I'd like to be proven wrong and see a new weapon that gets fewer than 5 energy variants. But so far there is a large distinction between weapons from before the grade update, and really the first weapon to get 5 variants the EM rifle, and the weapons from after. And that's all of them having 5 energy variants.

Does that mean there's a possibility other old weapons could still get more energy variants?

And is that supposed to answer my point about the lack of ANY rare weapon of the missile, beam, barrage or heavy variety. Or lack of any epic weapon of the heavy variety?

24 апр. 2024, 16:3324.04.24

Only epic or legendary sells it's as simple as that. Why release things noone will buy. Noone will buy rare knowing a legendary blows it out of the water. 

24 апр. 2024, 17:5424.04.24
Lark

Only epic or legendary sells it's as simple as that. Why release things noone will buy. Noone will buy rare knowing a legendary blows it out of the water. 

Oh that's what I figure. They're never going to say that though. And I asked because the implications of content gaps being filled is most, if not all weapon classes would be made available in all stages of play. So I am holding them to their word, their feet to the fire

24 апр. 2024, 21:1924.04.24

I forgot to mention graviton beam. Another wea released prior to EM rifle only 3 variants

25 апр. 2024, 07:1525.04.24

It would be nice to have extra versions of weapons, since this could fill in some gaps in play style. 

An example would be 8 & 12 energy autocannons and 12 & 16 pulse cannons. I mean its nice that we're getting new weapons but how about updating the already existing weapons a little first? mainly to at more choices and variations in combat styles.

25 апр. 2024, 12:3525.04.24
nyla

It would be nice to have extra versions of weapons, since this could fill in some gaps in play style. 

An example would be 8 & 12 energy autocannons and 12 & 16 pulse cannons. I mean its nice that we're getting new weapons but how about updating the already existing weapons a little first? mainly to at more choices and variations in combat styles.

Yes this would be interesting on an all common and uncommon hangar

25 апр. 2024, 13:3425.04.24
Deepthroat

Except EVERY WEAPON released since the grade update has 5 energy variants. Every one of them, they all seem to get 5 energy variants in time. I'd like to be proven wrong and see a new weapon that gets fewer than 5 energy variants. But so far there is a large distinction between weapons from before the grade update, and really the first weapon to get 5 variants the EM rifle, and the weapons from after. And that's all of them having 5 energy variants.

Does that mean there's a possibility other old weapons could still get more energy variants?

And is that supposed to answer my point about the lack of ANY rare weapon of the missile, beam, barrage or heavy variety. Or lack of any epic weapon of the heavy variety?

Hello! It's highly unlikely for old Weapons to have new versions. Will see if the mentioned Classes will receive Rare or Epic Weapons 👀

25 апр. 2024, 15:4225.04.24
25 апр. 2024, 15:45(отредактировано)
CrystalDrew

Hello! It's highly unlikely for old Weapons to have new versions. Will see if the mentioned Classes will receive Rare or Epic Weapons 👀

I look forward to finding out if they will. I have conceived possible explanations for why they haven't yet including the reason mentioned earlier which is money but I don't want to feed them to you lmao

26 апр. 2024, 13:2826.04.24
Deepthroat

I look forward to finding out if they will. I have conceived possible explanations for why they haven't yet including the reason mentioned earlier which is money but I don't want to feed them to you lmao

Popularity and demand play crucial roles. There is no sense for us to develop something that nobody's gonna use. Moreover, we have the balance boundaries that we can't break. 

26 апр. 2024, 21:1326.04.24
CrystalDrew

Popularity and demand play crucial roles. There is no sense for us to develop something that nobody's gonna use. Moreover, we have the balance boundaries that we can't break. 

Yet there are still fuzzy balance boundaries. As far as I can tell fragment guns and ember guns each see use at high level play. But either way despite most rare weapons ending up unused they still fill a role in the later stages of early game, where I believe most players should be getting a feel for the weapon categories. Or what I'm trying to say these are gaps in content which are important to fill.

29 апр. 2024, 13:1529.04.24

All that i have to say is that when i started, going from teir 2 to tier 5,there wasn't alot of options for new players i would love to see a affordable rare missile wepon or uncommon or rare beam wepon because you really dont get to experience beam wepons util u unlock grav 10 and i thought it awas disipointing .(i dont count stasis beam at all stages thy are usless

29 апр. 2024, 13:1829.04.24

i just think it would let new players truly experience the game. And Plarium, guess what! That might make them spend more money! 

29 апр. 2024, 14:4029.04.24

Hello guys! Thanks for your feedback and suggestion, we will take them into account 👌

29 апр. 2024, 17:028 дней
CrystalDrew

Hello guys! Thanks for your feedback and suggestion, we will take them into account 👌

Glad to hear. I hope you also take into account that you don't actually know the demand for these weapons once you release them. I mean for end game player. I think there is always demand for this stuff at the early stages of the game. I look forward to the first new rare weapon in over a year as well as the first epic heavy weapon

30 апр. 2024, 01:038 дней
jim

All that i have to say is that when i started, going from teir 2 to tier 5,there wasn't alot of options for new players i would love to see a affordable rare missile wepon or uncommon or rare beam wepon because you really dont get to experience beam wepons util u unlock grav 10 and i thought it awas disipointing .(i dont count stasis beam at all stages thy are usless

You can always try VRGPs

30 апр. 2024, 21:407 дней

I was more talking about beam weapons but VRPGs kinda suck, particularly in dps. At least the 8 and 14 varients do