All Categories

The reward system on Positions is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

The reward system on Positions is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 23, 2016, 15:3606/23/16

Archons, the reward system on Positions is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way.

IMPORTANT: The following applies only to new Positions, i.e. the ones you have not engaged yet.

A few players have identified weaknesses in the Position mechanics and exploited them to gain significantly more Units than they were supposed to. Such actions negatively influence the game balance and are unfair to other players. To remedy the situation, we have slightly modified the Position mechanics.

Unfortunately, these modifications will also affect those players that engage Positions utilizing the following strategy:

- First, they almost defeat Xerxes at multiple Positions of different levels, i.e. there is a small number of Xerxes’s Units remaining at each one of them.

- Next, they engage Positions of higher levels, receiving a reward.

- Then, they finish all the remaining Positions.

This strategy may now be less effective.

These modifications will not influence those players that engage (and finish) the Positions one at a time.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 23, 2016, 16:1806/23/16

so what does it all mean?

1. how many extra troops were these players getting? were they profitable from positions? how big army they gained? 100,200-300mil?

2. what does it mean this strategy will be less effective? do you get less out during payout vs what you put in or simple you get as much as everyone else? 

Jun 23, 2016, 17:5306/23/16
10/07/14
The only unfair advantage is the constant changes that plarium make, lets be straight here the changes to the payout mechanics are changed because we are spending less money on buying troops each month and your profit margins are down, with all the changes that ye make your only purpose is to get us to spend more money, ye are now slowly making the game impossible to play without spending significantly. i for one am sick and tired of what i can only describe as con artistry the only benefit all these changes have made is to increase your profit margins, Time to dust of the cob webs of the playstation. 
Jun 23, 2016, 21:0006/23/16
Jun 23, 2016, 21:05(edited)
09/19/14

AGAIN  SERIOUSLY  ??? How many times is now this 10 th time ? Every bloody time you change them you kill the hard work we put in the game to understand persian mechanic! Then one day  you just change again :(

And on top of that you give inside info to chosen coalitions to cause mayhem!

we can all admit it without them game would be where it was 3 weeks ago....and that means no $$$ for reviving....GREAT JOB Plarium youre losing customers and milking those idiots (including me) with some unfair advantage you give to those coalitions....many speak of this theory and i would wish it wasnt true but it looks like it is...Plarium giving some members free drachmas to cause disturbances in game...THATS LOW :)

Jun 24, 2016, 02:5006/24/16
08/21/14
Explane to players what did you changed and how to play persians now.i dont know anyone got more then he lost on persians,so i dont belive nothing to you until you dont explane to us all !!!
Jun 24, 2016, 05:0406/24/16
09/23/14

Hi Achons , 

I find this last update very necessary after all the new updates we have gotten, I'd say finally. if you look a little bit of history of PP , game updates were so slow until they changed Persians with the major announcement ,now long ago that was , ever since they have been trying to make Persians easier for new players to explore. it has been major hold on this game until just recently i cant see anything but many more Persians globules being introduced for all the complainers . it does not get cheaper than that .

i am sure you should not think of this as "o no Persians got more expensive" i am sure its still true that Persians are much cheaper then PVP to make experience, and now with this general , this game became almost like diablo 1 :) over time . its awesome and i m super happy they cut the free experience out. 

Lastcall 

Jun 24, 2016, 06:0606/24/16

Game can no longer be trusted.....

Jun 24, 2016, 07:4506/24/16
08/03/15

Archons, now your armies will not have to face armies made up from Units obtained in an unfair way!

I am sure there are plenty of tricks available that do not exploit the game

Biggest tip on PP : Build and be patient :)
Jun 24, 2016, 10:3006/24/16
10/07/14
hacker how much has plarium been paying you to say that, looks like they are all adults in plarium hackerista im sure they know how to use toilet roll, without you doing it for them
Jun 24, 2016, 10:5606/24/16
08/03/15

Tuatha Dé Danann said:

hacker how much has plarium been paying you to say that, looks like they are all adults in plarium hackerista im sure they know how to use toilet roll, without you doing it for them

Stating my  opinion because it is different than yours doesn't mean I am getting paid to tell my 2cents. You could use my tips instead of accusing people when their statements differ than yours.

It's called civilized chatting.
Jun 24, 2016, 12:4506/24/16

I don't know whats going on here...

Also I don't know whether this change is good or bad..

But days ago I found many doubts about Persians & Plarium's Admin have posted a link of information about PP. That one mentioned the way which now they say it is not a good one. They are saying one thing & doing another as they like.

what a game........

Jun 24, 2016, 12:5906/24/16
03/18/15
Well I just attacked 3 positions in a one-off hit and only got a troop reward from one, so it looks exactly the same as before?
Jun 24, 2016, 13:0506/24/16
Jun 24, 2016, 13:10(edited)

NIKITA METEOR said:

Archons, the reward system on Positions is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way.

IMPORTANT: The following applies only to new Positions, i.e. the ones you have not engaged yet.

A few players have identified weaknesses in the Position mechanics and exploited them to gain significantly more Units than they were supposed to. Such actions negatively influence the game balance and are unfair to other players. To remedy the situation, we have slightly modified the Position mechanics.

Unfortunately, these modifications will also affect those players that engage Positions utilizing the following strategy:

- First, they almost defeat Xerxes at multiple Positions of different levels, i.e. there is a small number of Xerxes’s Units remaining at each one of them.

- Next, they engage Positions of higher levels, receiving a reward.

- Then, they finish all the remaining Positions.

This strategy may now be less effective.

These modifications will not influence those players that engage (and finish) the Positions one at a time.

wow, you're worse then Kixeye. I might have to back to battlepirates if you don't sort your shit out- you've just made the rewards worse for yourself

I normally sacarifice my light, heavy and phalanx to get horses, and you've made this new update into my favor

anyway your new system bugged, i lost against a lvl 1 with a jav, hit again with a jav and won and got a mounted peltat

cleared the level 3 with the mounted peltat in one go and got 5 monted peltats

hit a level 50 and got 3000 mounted peltats

yeah, now i got hundreds of horses for my harem, nice fix Plarium

oh and i just did what they said they fixed

they didn't fix it
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 24, 2016, 13:2506/24/16
09/17/15

Rob May said:

so what does it all mean?

1. how many extra troops were these players getting? were they profitable from positions? how big army they gained? 100,200-300mil?

2. what does it mean this strategy will be less effective? do you get less out during payout vs what you put in or simple you get as much as everyone else? 

Hi, Rob May.

1) Unfortunately, we cannot disclose more information.

2) You will get the same payouts, but you will need to raid a bit more Positions to receive them.
Jun 24, 2016, 13:2906/24/16
09/17/15

Gorgo said:

AGAIN  SERIOUSLY  ??? How many times is now this 10 th time ? Every bloody time you change them you kill the hard work we put in the game to understand persian mechanic! Then one day  you just change again :(

And on top of that you give inside info to chosen coalitions to cause mayhem!

we can all admit it without them game would be where it was 3 weeks ago....and that means no $$$ for reviving....GREAT JOB Plarium youre losing customers and milking those idiots (including me) with some unfair advantage you give to those coalitions....many speak of this theory and i would wish it wasnt true but it looks like it is...Plarium giving some members free drachmas to cause disturbances in game...THATS LOW :)

I'm sorry to hear that you feel so upset with our recent update.

But I can ensure you that we have performed those changes not to punish our players or ruin your hard work.

We have detected a vulnerability, which most of our players didn't even know about. We made those changes to prevent some players from cheating the system. that's all.
Jun 24, 2016, 13:3206/24/16
09/17/15

To Tonaya:

We have described the situation in our post. Unfortunately, we are unable to give you more information without disclosing some classified data.

To everyone:

Guys, please try the new system, and I'm sure you'll get used to it. You will see that you still receive your payouts and everything is ok.

Jun 24, 2016, 13:3506/24/16
01/19/16

I  just  put  your   Change  to the  test  .  I  defended  a  level 30 Town   with 1050  lights .   Same ol crap  ,  lost  700  and    liberated  35  pelts .

Nothing has changed .   This is why  i never  play  positions.  and  whats the  deal  with never  getting any resources  ?   My  gawd  ,  every time  its   zero  resources  on positions .

All I have  seen   from  Plarium  is   " Unprecidented Greed "
Jun 24, 2016, 14:1206/24/16
Jun 27, 2016, 12:56(edited)

Is it possible that this change affected the daily position quest that should be guaranteed reward. Seems to only get a few troops when before u received a decent enough amount for the quest.

Quests were not affected.
Jun 24, 2016, 14:1706/24/16
07/10/15

Sorry. but ever since the anniversary Tournaments Persian Positions are not worth playing. Am losing double what I was (surprising considering am using bonus off and def and have upgraded several agreements)and getting less rewards and not playing any system except completing each position in one go. Rewards always less than my cost and have played over 80 positions.  This game has always been slanted towards the coiners but now it is game, set and match to them. Thankyou Plarium for making it clear honest hard working players that do not spend mega-bucks are not welcome in game. I have spent some dollars to speed progress but no more. Just throwing good money after bad.

saintsone
Jun 24, 2016, 15:3006/24/16
08/03/15
You are getting a payout everytime you fill the bank. No matter how many boosts you have used or what +% bonus u got, it doesn't counter on the payout. It's working as a bank.Turning lights/heavies into other type of units. Build high resource units like numidians in order to get mp's.
Jun 24, 2016, 15:3206/24/16
Jun 27, 2016, 12:57(edited)
01/27/15

So defeating positions down to 1 bar with your last reward, then hitting your highest level for a new reward no longer works?  Can you confirm 1 bars are no longer valid?

It still works, but now you will have to "down" more Positions before you receive a payout.