All Categories

Beware when buying upgrade sketches!!!!!

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jan 4, 2017, 05:2201/04/17
07/21/15

Clicking to buy upgrade sketches from the market with game drachmas takes you to a bank card page instead and if you click too quickly without paying attention and you have a valid card registered you may well end up paying real money for some package you don't want instead of using your virtual drachmas to buy the sketches. So much for the 30% discount on upgrade sketches, I guess the special offer will lapse before Plarium fixes the bug. At least I didn't click on the bank card page it unexpectedly took me to but I wonder how many other people will?
Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 4, 2017, 08:3901/04/17
08/03/15

Hello Archon and Happy new Years to you and to your family!

Unfortunately we cannot help you on the forums on this kind of issue. Please contact oursupport team.

But please, mind that you might want to 'remove the tick' on remembering your way of payment so you can avoid this and make sure you will not speed click on any buy you will make.
Jan 4, 2017, 08:4701/04/17
07/12/15
Eroica said:

Clicking to buy upgrade sketches from the market with game drachmas takes you to a bank card page instead and if you click too quickly without paying attention and you have a valid card registered you may well end up paying real money for some package you don't want instead of using your virtual drachmas to buy the sketches. So much for the 30% discount on upgrade sketches, I guess the special offer will lapse before Plarium fixes the bug. At least I didn't click on the bank card page it unexpectedly took me to but I wonder how many other people will?
I just bought sketches at 30% discount,1k from server 1 and 2k from server 2, all came out from my drachmas with no problem.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jan 4, 2017, 11:3001/04/17
09/17/15
Eroica said:

probably you don't have enough Drachmas to buy Sketches. Try choosing a smaller amount.
Jan 4, 2017, 17:1301/04/17
07/21/15

Alonya -I did have enough drachmas, 7000, in fact. I should have been able to make the best value purchase with my drachmas but the game acted as if I didn't have enough by taking me to the credit card page. Perhaps there is a very long delay of many hours before the game recognises recently acquired drachmas, which of course is no use if the offer lapses before the game recognises your drachmas. Having said that, the top right of the screen correctly showed up my 7000 drachmas but still took me to the credit card page instead of accepting my purchase of 1000 upgrade sketches with my drachmas which were sufficient.

Kakos - perhaps it worked for you because you already had the required amount for a longer time than me. I was short of less than 100 drachmas to be able to buy the best value amount of upgrade sketches and I acquired the drachmas I needed through occupying traders' emporia for short periods before anyone could raid them and after a few hours I had enough to make the best purchase but the game wouldn't let me, so the acquiring of a few drachmas via emporia turned out to be a laborious and time-consuming undertaking for nothing. The fact that there was an emporium mission on at the same time as the sketches discount didn't make it any easier as more people raid then and make it even harder to obtain a few drachmas so I was pleased when I managed to acquire the amount I needed despite the difficulty, but disappointed when after all that effort the game didn't accept my drachmas for my intended purchase.

Prometheus - thanks, happy new year to you too. Thanks for the suggestions
Jan 5, 2017, 10:4401/05/17
09/17/15
Eroica said:

Alonya -I did have enough drachmas, 7000, in fact. I should have been able to make the best value purchase with my drachmas but the game acted as if I didn't have enough by taking me to the credit card page. Perhaps there is a very long delay of many hours before the game recognises recently acquired drachmas, which of course is no use if the offer lapses before the game recognises your drachmas. Having said that, the top right of the screen correctly showed up my 7000 drachmas but still took me to the credit card page instead of accepting my purchase of 1000 upgrade sketches with my drachmas which were sufficient.

Kakos - perhaps it worked for you because you already had the required amount for a longer time than me. I was short of less than 100 drachmas to be able to buy the best value amount of upgrade sketches and I acquired the drachmas I needed through occupying traders' emporia for short periods before anyone could raid them and after a few hours I had enough to make the best purchase but the game wouldn't let me, so the acquiring of a few drachmas via emporia turned out to be a laborious and time-consuming undertaking for nothing. The fact that there was an emporium mission on at the same time as the sketches discount didn't make it any easier as more people raid then and make it even harder to obtain a few drachmas so I was pleased when I managed to acquire the amount I needed despite the difficulty, but disappointed when after all that effort the game didn't accept my drachmas for my intended purchase.

Prometheus - thanks, happy new year to you too. Thanks for the suggestions
I guess it could be a result of a bug (when the game requires you to have Drachmas for the full price even though you'll be credited less). Please report the issue to Support, and they will test it. Thank you.
Jan 5, 2017, 14:3101/05/17
07/12/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I guess it could be a result of a bug (when the game requires you to have Drachmas for the full price even though you'll be credited less). Please report the issue to Support, and they will test it. Thank you.
Another example of Plarium's "Weird Science"!!
Jan 6, 2017, 11:3601/06/17
09/17/15
Kakos said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Another example of Plarium's "Weird Science"!!
It has nothing to do with science, Kakos. As I said, it's most likely a result of a bug, and it should be reported to Support.